Protecting your privacy is important to us. This policy explains how END RHD collects, uses, and safeguards the personal information you provide to us.
This policy may be amended from time to time.
END RHD is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles. END RHD is committed to protecting personal information we hold on individuals.
This page explains the types of personal information that we collect and use for the purpose of improving the health of individuals and populations. It also provides some detail about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations.
Like many other websites, END RHD website may use a standard technology called a ‘cookie’ to collect information about how you use the site. Any ‘cookies’ cannot be used to personally identify you.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
– Whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
– Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The types of personal information we collect may include your name, date of birth, gender, contact information and credit/debit card information.
Whose personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information from people who are connected to our operations and activities – including employees, donors and volunteers.
How do we collect your personal information?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, such as your e-mail address and postal address, for purposes such as corresponding with us, making a donation, or participating in an online survey. This information will not be provided to other parties, unless we are required to do so by law, or as otherwise set out in this privacy statement.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
– Marketing: to communicate with you about donations, campaigns, causes and events
– Donors and supporters: to enable us to send you tax deductible receipts, newsletters, invitations and other Institute information
– Research: to conduct and/or fund child health research
– Volunteering and other support: to enable you to assist us with volunteering, community fundraising, advocacy and other activities where we seek the community’s assistance
– Other issues: communicating with you in relation to our operations, activities and objectives, to verify your identity and to comply with relevant laws.
Where we collect your personal information for a specific purpose not outlined above, we will provide you with a collection notice which explains the primary purpose and any related secondary purposes for which we are collecting your personal information.
What happens if you don’t provide all this information?
If you do not provide some or all of the personal information requested, we may not be able to offer you a receipt for a donation or provide you with information about our causes, events, programs and projects.
Using a pseudonym or engaging with us anonymously
Where practicable, you will be given the opportunity to engage with us on an anonymous basis, or using a pseudonym.
Telethon Kids Institute
100 Roberts Rd, Subiaco
Western Australia 6008
Owner contact email: email@example.com